Effective date: November 13, 2020. Updated on March 15, 2023
Semen Africa operates the website https://Semen-Africa.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page explains our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have regarding such data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Service : The Service refers to the https://semen-africa.com website operated by Semen Africa.
- Personal data : Personal Data means data relating to a living individual who can be identified from such data (or from such data and other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage data : Usage Data is collected automatically and is generated either by use of the Service, or by the Service infrastructure itself (e.g. page viewing time).
- Cookies : Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Subcontractors (or Service Providers) : The term Sub-Contractor (or Service Provider) refers to any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of several Service Providers in order to process your data more efficiently.
- Person concerned (or User) : Data Subject means any living person who uses our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Data collection and use
We collect several types of data for different purposes in order to provide you with our Service and to improve it.
Types of data collected
When you use our Service, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- E-mail address
- First and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to send you newsletters, commercial communications or promotions and other information that may be of interest to you.
However, you can choose not to receive any communication from us or to receive only certain communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by following the instructions in each e-mail we send you..
We may also collect information about how you access and use the Service (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service you visit, the date and time of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and cookie data
Cookies are low-volume data files that may contain an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies such as pixels, beacons and scripts are also used to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some elements of our Service.
Examples of cookies we use :
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and settings.
- Security Cookies. We use security cookies for security reasons.
Semen Africa uses the data collected for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To let you know about changes to our Service
- To enable you to use the interactive features of our Service whenever you wish
- To ensure customer support
- To collect valuable or analytical data that will enable us to improve our Service
- To monitor the use of our Service
- To detect, prevent and solve technical problems
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events we offer which are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have previously indicated that you do not wish to receive such information.
Legal basis for processing personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Semen Africa may process your Personal Data:
- Because we need to fulfill a contract with you
- Because you authorized us to do so
- Because we have a legitimate interest in carrying out this processing and because your rights do not override this legitimate interest
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Semen Africa will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except where such data is used to enhance the security or improve the functionality of our Service, or where we are legally required to retain such data for a longer period.
Information about you, including your Personal Data, may be transferred from your region, province, country, or other territorial division to – and stored on – computers located in a place where data protection legislation differs from that of the territory in which you reside.
If you reside outside France and choose to provide us with information, please be aware that we transfer data, including Personal Data, to France and process it there.
Communication of data to law enforcement agencies
In certain circumstances, Semen Africa may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (e.g. a court or government agency).
Semen Africa may disclose your Personal Information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Fulfilling a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Semen Africa
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Ensure the personal safety of Service users and the public
- Protecting yourself against civil liability
The security of your data is important to us. However, please remember that no method of data transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable methods to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Semen Africa intends to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you would like to know what Personal Data we hold about you and would like it deleted from our systems, please contact us.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we hold about you. Where this option is available, you can view or update your Personal Data or request its deletion in the settings section of your account. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance.
- Right of rectification. You have the right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete..
- Right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right of restriction You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if Semen Africa has relied on your consent to process your personal data.
Please note that we may ask you to prove your identity before responding to requests of this nature.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your nearest data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third-party companies and individuals to facilitate the provision of our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, provide services related to the Service or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are prohibited from disclosing or using it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to other sites
We have no control over, and accept no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from children without verifying parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information from our servers.